Discover a great selection of children's songs to learn English. Your kids will pick up new words while having fun singing and dancing. All the songs are related to a specific topic such as numbers, shapes, colors or body parts, and the lyrics are quite simple so kids will be able to learn them and sing along.
One way to make English learning fun for kids is to introduce English through different media. A song is an excellent way for kids (as well as adults!) to learn common phrases, grammatical structures, and vocabulary without even realizing it!
To help you in your language learning adventure, we’ve compiled some tips
- Keep it fun: If you are just beginning to listen to music in English, introduce it casually, without pressuring your children to pay attention or sing along. Choose fun, silly songs that your children will engage naturally.
- Singing in the car: Car rides are one of the best times to listen to English music. Sing “Wheels on the Bus” as you drive around town. Is it raining? Sing “Cowy’s Rainbow Colors Song“ and search for rainbows while learning the colors.
- Watch sing-alongs with lyrics: Look for popular nursery rhymes collections from your family’s favorite movies. Even if your child cannot yet read, children still absorb the printed words and build a meaningful foundation for literacy. Subscribe to our Lingokids Youtube Channel to find playlists and extended song compilations from Lingokids with lyrics!
- Incorporate songs into daily routines: Sing songs around the house as you get dressed, brush your teeth, clean up toys, or prepare meals in the kitchen. The “Clean-Up Song” is an all-time favorite to encourage tidying up while having fun!
- Get creative: Especially when you first start singing English, you will make mistakes. Use that to your advantage! If you confuse lyrics or song meanings, go ahead and create your own special renditions just for your family. Most importantly have fun!
Classic nursery rhymes are amazing! With this lovely version of the classic “A Tisket, A Tasket” the little ones will learn about this important topic in a natural way!
The speckled frog song is certainly an awesome way for the little ones to start getting acquainted with math concepts in a fun and enjoyable way. Check out this nursery rhyme and let's sing along!
The Baby Animals Song is a great opportunity to teach your little one about the different habitats there are on earth and the animals that live there. Also, it could be great practice to learn numbers!
Five Little Ducks is a lovely nursery rhyme that all children love, with its soft music and catchy lyrics, this is one of the most known songs for kids around the world.
Let’s take a trip around the mountains with Cowy! “She’ll be coming round the mountain” is a classic nursery rhyme that the little ones of the house will surely enjoy.
As the ants keep marching, the little ant stops to suck his thumb, to tie his shoe, and to climb a tree! This is one of the songs for kids that can be used to teach the little ones the numbers in a fun way.
Listen and sing this nursery rhyme with your little ones! It's not only a song, but it can also be a fun singing game to play as a family. Let's get to know the story of the farmer in the dell!
Songs are great for kids learning. Here you'll find a great song to practice the seasons vocabulary with your little ones.
On Top of Spaghetti is a funny song to sing as a family to practice your little one, it has a catchy tune with simple lyrics that even the youngest ones in the house can learn to sing. Let's start singing!
Help your little one learn about wild animals singing this song! Let's learn about goats, fireflies and dragonflies, frogs and ponds.
It’s important for children to understand that food can make us healthy and strong as we grow. Since practicing English is fun when we can sing and dance, let’s sing along with Lisa and Billy to learn food names in English!
Learning numbers is an important way for children to start developing mathematical skills. Let’s watch the video and learn to count in English!
Counting objects helps children to develop math skills from a young age. Let's learn how to count in English with this fun song and Teacher Meredith!
Learning numbers with your children can be easy and fun! There’s always something to count. Let’s sing the song and practice saying numbers in English with Teacher Emma!
Help your little one practice English vocabulary in a fun way with this lovely song about toys and colours.
When talking about location, we use prepositions of place like: on, in, under or by. Sing along with Teacher Meredith and practice prepositions!
These prepositions tell us about something’s location: In front of, Behind or Between. Sing about prepositions with Teacher Meredith
In the video, Teacher Meredith is playing a game of hide and seek with Bobby and Billy. Let’s sing prepositions of place song!
Have your child sing along with the numbers counting song so that they can practice saying numbers in English. Let´s play Octopus song!
In this song, Cowy asks who is behind each door… It’s her mum, dad, grandma, and grandpa! Let´s learn about family members in English!
Watch the video to hear Lisa and Elliot sing about clothes. While they are doing laundry, they sing about trousers, shoes, a skirt, and shirts. Let´s learn clothes in English!
In the video, Teacher Meredith says that Lisa is a wearing a pink dress and that Bobby is wearing a blue coat. Then, Teacher Meredith tells us she’s wearing a grey shirt. How about you? Let´s learn clothes name and colors!
Elliot and Cowy have a special song to sing. In the body parts song, they tell you to touch your head, legs, and arms. Then, to clap your hands! Let´s sing!
Learning animal noises is a fun way for kids to practice an animal’s name in English. Let´s sing Animal sounds song!
Learn about animals that live on a farm: a horse, a pig, a hen... Encourage your child to sing along the farm animals song!
Lingokids is a complete learning experience for kids. It involves lots of activities such as games, songs, audio books, and traceables, and our Premium Plan includes online classes with native English teachers.
Three million children around the world are using this system to become bilingual.