Create a personalized learning experience for your child. Get the app for free!Get the download link via SMS
1. Cookies with shapes 🍪 - Cooking with your children is always a fun time in the kitchen! Get the cookie dough ready and make cookies in different shapes. As you make a cookie in a certain shape, repeat the shape's name. Who doesn't love learning while making sweets?
2. Shape sort 🔵 - Make big shapes (circle, square, triangle and rectangle) on the carpet with duct tape. Take a box and put various items from the house with those shapes and have your child sort them in the corresponding shapes on the floor.
3. Fishing for shapes 🐠 - Cut out fish forms from colorful sheets of paper and draw different shapes on them. Take a stick and tie a string on it, then in the string tie a piece of magnet and have your little ones start ''fishing''. When they get a fish they should say the shape that's on it.
4. Educational app 📱 - Lingokids' app is perfect for kids who want to learn while having fun. There are tons of activities for them to learn the shapes and practice them.
5. Books 📚 - There are many books that would help your child learn the shapes. Some of our favorites include ''Color Zoo'' by Lois Ehlert, ''Shapes, Shapes, Shapes'' by Tana Hoban, ''Circus Shapes'' by Stuart J. Murphy and Edward Miller. We have previously shared some tips about how to teach a child to read in English, so these books are the perfect way to work on the reading skills too.
6. Walk on shapes 🔺 - Draw big shapes on a big piece of art paper and tape it to the floor. Get your child to walk from the beginning to the end only stepping on a particular shape.
7. Cloud shapes ☁ - Kids love spending time outdoors. You can try to use those times while the little ones are resting from running around, and tell them to take a look at the clouds and say what shapes do the clouds have.