Through stories and tales, your children can learn English while improving their pronunciation and listening comprehension. All the audio books are accompanied by images and sound so your little one can read and listen to the English pronunciation of each sentence. Find out all the fun stories here in English for kids.
Learning English through audio books during childhood is quite simple, but the benefits are many. First, the illustrations work as a visual aid, helping children associate the words with the story more easily.
Unlike books, stories in audio books are narrated by someone. By listening to audio in English, children get to experience the language first-hand. This is wonderful for their fluency since they have a native English speaker’s pronunciation as a guide.
In this sense, audio books help children improve their listening skills and help them focus on what’s being said. This is a great exercise for their overall concentration as well.
Following a story through an audio book helps to build a richer vocabulary. Children pick up new nouns, verbs, and pronouns, and, more importantly, they get to learn more about sentence structure naturally. With enough practice and consistency, this becomes a great foundation for their reading and writing skills.
Audio books are, without a doubt, a great learning tool. Even though their use is pretty straightforward -mostly it's just listening and enjoying-, you can take advantage of audio books to turn them into powerful educational resources for your child.
These are a few tips to make learning English with audio books more beneficial:
- Let your child decide the reading pace. Some children are more comfortable going through an audio book at a fast pace, while others enjoy capturing every detail on each page and sentence. Find out your child preferences and enjoy the story together.
- Repetition is key. Audio books allow you to go over the same part several times. Through repetition, children get familiarized with what they’re reading. It gives them a chance to understand the vocabulary, get acquainted with sentence structure, and to practice pronunciation by listening to the story in English several times.
- Illustrated audio books are a great way to learn new vocabulary. Often, these come with illustrations that not only enrich the tale but also help practice extra words that might not appear in the story. Describe the illustrations with your child to also improve their cognitive skills.
- Audio books can be a great conversation starter. If your child is already speaking a few sentences in English, you can start a conversation in English by discussing the topic of one these books.
- Encourage your child to read along with the audio. It doesn’t matter that your child is not able to fully comprehend what’s being read, what’s important is that repetition while speaking will help boost their speaking skills as they get to learn more about writing and spelling in English.
- Use the new vocabulary with your child during day-to-day activities. Try to incorporate the new words slowly and practice them around the house.
Audio books gather the best learning activities: reading, listening, and storytelling. Pick up your child’s favorites and embark on a new adventure together!
Discover the action verbs with this audiobook in English. Today, all the friends went out to have fun! Which activity will be each one's favorite?
When something is hot, it gives off heat. Cold is the opposite of hot. The sun is hot. Saturn is cold... What else is hot or cold?
Learn the basic emotions in English with this audiobook. Cowy will teach you how to say the most common feelings in English.
Mother dog is looking for her puppies. Do you think she will find them in the end?
In this audio book, Baby Bird is looking for Mother Bird. Baby Bird sees a dog, a pig and a duck. Read to find out what happens when Baby Bird sees a snake.
With this audiobook for children you'll learn the most common adjectives with Bobby and his friends. Which hat does each of them like? Find out!
Learn farm animals name with this English audiobook. Who lives at the farm? Let´s read it!
Help Cowy find the owner of the mysterious feather with this audiobook in English for kids. Let's solve the mystery!
In this audio book, you will read about children and animals who love to paint. They each love a different color. Why do you think the elephant loves gray?
How did dinosaurs live? What did they eat? Find it out with this audiobook in English for kids!
Lisa and Ricky feeling hungry... Let's learn the names of the fruits that they will enjoy with this audio book for children
Let´s learn about Clothes vocabulary with Billy and Elliot in this funny English audiobook
Elliot and his friends are having a barbecue outdoors today. Have fun with them as you enjoy this audiobook in English for kids.
Discover this awesome and simple audiobook for kids in English. Your little one will learn the different habitats where animals live. Who dwells on the forest? And what about the mountains? Let's listen and read!
Have fun with this audiobook in English about fairies, mermaids, witches, and princesses, and their fantastic world.
Who is in the Kitchen late at night? Read this English audiobook to learn more about this mystery...
It's bath time! Learn how our character takes a relaxing break while enjoying some soap bubbles with this audiobook in English
In this audio book, you will see some little dinosaurs and a big one. What do you think will happen?
In this audio book, you will see quilts. Each quilt has lots of shapes. What shapes do you think you will see?
In this audio book, Cat has a hat. Read to find out what happens to the hat.
In this book, you will see vehicles that are blue. Vehicles are things that go. What do you think you will see?
Find out about the different parts of Lisa's bedroom and what is she hiding in the closet with this audiobook in English.
Learn about mixing Colors with this English audiobook. What new colors result from mixing some colors with others? Let´s paint!
What animals live on ice? Let's go to the arctic to visit our polar friends and to learn their names with this audiobook for kids.
Where do animals live? Find out with this English audiobook what animal lives on each one of these habitats!
Lisa and her friends are getting to spend the day outdoors! What food are they taking with them? Help them prepare the picnic with this audiobook in English for kids.
Have fun with this audiobook in English about reptiles! There are images, captions and audio so kids can learn in an enjoyable way!
Let's learn to recycle! Discover through this English audiobook how to give a second life to the different materials that surround us! There you go!
Lingokids is a complete learning experience for kids. It involves lots of activities such as games, songs, audio books, and traceables.
8 million children around the world are using this system to become bilingual.