1. Cookies with shapes 🍪 - Cooking with your children is probably your favorite type of mess in the kitchen! Get the cookie dough ready and make cookies in all different shapes. As you make a cookie in certain shape, repeat the shape's name. Who doesn't love learning while making sweets?
2. Shape sort 🔵 - Make big shapes (circle, square, triangle and rectangle) on the carpet with a duct tape. Take a box and put various items from the house with those shapes and have your child sort them in the corresponding shapes on the floor.
3. Fishing for shapes 🐠 - Cut out fish forms from colorful paper and draw different shapes on them. Take a stick tie a string on it and in the string tie a piece of magnet and have your little ones start ''fishing''. When they get a fish they should say the shape that's on it.
4. Educational app 📱 - Download an app that has many games to learn English. Lingokids is the perfect app for preschool children learning English. There is a topic
5. Books 📚 - There are many books that would help your child learn the shapes. Some of our favorites include: ''Color Zoo'' by Lois Ehlert, ''Shapes, Shapes, Shapes'' by Tana Hoban, ''Circus Shapes'' by Stuart J. Murphy and Edward Miller. We have previously shared some tips about how to teach a child to read in English, so these books are the perfect excuse to work on the reading skills too.
6. Walk on shapes 🔺 - Draw big shapes on a big art paper and tape it to the floor. Get your child to walk from the beginning to the end only stepping on a particular shape.
7. Cloud shapes ☁ - It's summer and we love spending time outdoors. While resting from running around, look at the clouds and let your child say what shapes do the clouds have.
- You might also like : Tips to learn the animals in english for kids
Help your child become bilingual!
Download Lingokids app today!Download for FREE