Summer is almost over and the idea of going back to school can be quite sad for some children. Leaving home, being in a new environment with new people, studying... For those who go to the school for the first time (and those who still have some years before they do), it's a whole new experience that they might not be highly motivated about (at least not at first!). As a parent, you can motivate them by introducing them to school topics the fun way - And what could be more fun than back to school songs? Let us give you some topic ideas!
1. Making friends - It's sure the most daunting task, especially if your little one is very shy by nature. Have them learn English and learn the most important introduction phrases with a song! Our ''Hello Song for Kids'' will sure be a very fun way to learn simple words and sentences like ''Hello!'', ''How are you?'', ''I'm fine!'' etc. Suddenly going back to school sounds so much fun!
2. Learn to count - OK, we'll admit - our favorite counting song is definitely ''Octopus, Octopus, How Many Legs?''. It's so catchy, your child will learn how to count in English very quickly.
3. Daily routine - It's very important to teach your little one to wake up early and to do the usual morning routine before they go to school - brushing their teeth, washing their face, combing their hair and having breakfast. On Lingokids app you can find so many fun songs that will have your child do all these activities with a smile on their face!
4. School items - Learning the items that your child will put in your backpack, and the objects they will find in a classroom is a key topic. the ''Where is it?'' song has all the important vocabulary (and your child will also learn prepositions!)
5. Learn the alphabet - It's the first thing children learn in any language. There are so many alphabet songs that you can find and sing along at home! You can also check out our previous post about learning the alphabet and get even more ideas!
- You might also like: School Vocabulary